OpenVas plugin development (was Up to date statement of Account)

Tim Brown spi at machine.org.uk
Sun Sep 28 11:43:07 UTC 2008

On Friday 26 September 2008 18:48:10 Josh Berkus wrote:

> One issue with this: you *must* tell your prize donors that you intend
> to use surplus funds for general OpenVAS expenses.  Donor intent is
> protected by law in the US.

*nod*.  Well, since one of the prize donors is me, I can say categorically
that if my donation isn't allocated as part of a prize that I will place it
with SPI for use at some undetermined point in the future.

I suspect this is a conversation I will be having with the various donors
after the competition has closed and that each will ultimately take their own
view on what they wish to do.

> I'd comment on the contest rules, but I've been completely unable to
> access them online.

Back now.. http://www.openvas.org/openvas-contest.html.

Cheers,
Tim