Resolution 2009-04-01.ba.1: Liaison superseded

David Graham cdlu at railfan.ca
Wed Apr 1 16:16:52 UTC 2009

Bill,

On the off-chance that this is not an April Fools resolution, as a French
speaking member of SPI's board, I disagree with everything except
preambles 1, 2, and 3.

The dictionary defines liaison as:

      3. Specifically: A process of communication between parts of
         an organization or between two organizations acting
         together for a common purpose.
         [PJC]

      4. Hence: A person whose function it is to maintain such
         communication.
         [PJC]

That's exactly what we use liaisons for. I can't speak for anyone's
liaisons with our liaisons, but our liaisons liaise perfectly well.

- -
David "cdlu" Graham - cdlu at railfan.ca
Guelph, Ontario - http://www.cdlu.net/