Meeting log for 2009-12-09

MJ Ray mjr at phonecoop.coop
Thu Dec 17 12:08:57 UTC 2009

Jonathan McDowell wrote: [...]
> There seems to be plenty of disagreement over when the meeting
> announcement should be sent out. I had been planning to try and send
> them on the Sunday evening before the meeting, which seems like plenty
> of time to me (3 full days). I've had a complaint that a reminder closer
> to the event is better so people have it in their mind, you're now
> saying it's not enough.

I'm not sure there's much disagreement here: the Sunday evening before
is fine for a reminder, but the actual announcement should be sent
about a week before that.

See http://www.spi-inc.org/corporate/resolutions/2007-01-16-iwj.5.html
(although it still sucks that it had to be resolved instead of
common sense prevailing).

Regards,
--
MJ Ray (slef)  Webmaster and LMS developer at     | software