Video card drivers for windows xp sony Vaio

Jimmy Kaplowitz jimmy at spi-inc.org
Wed Feb 4 03:40:41 UTC 2009

Hi Janet,

On Tue, Feb 03, 2009 at 09:11:49PM -0500, Janet Taylor wrote:
> Before anyone asks why I have this machine....it's just a
> given.  Suddenly, my DVD player won't read any dvds claiming
> protection issues or a disconnect with my video card.  I am guessing
> I need an updated driver.  Is there an open source one for windows
> xp?  Thanks in advance for your consideration and kindness, jlt

There are free/open source software video players like VLC which might help. In
any case, spi-general is not a technical support mailing list. Instead, it's
meant for discussions related to Software in the Public Interest (SPI), which
is a non-profit organization which provides various services to the free
software community. VLC can be found at http://www.videolan.org/ and has
community-based no-cost support options that would be better suited to your
goal of getting working DVD playback than this mailing list. Thank you.

Good luck,

- Jimmy Kaplowitz, SPI Secretary
secretary at spi-inc.org

P.S. - If you want more information on SPI, http://www.spi-inc.org/ is our
website, or feel free to use this mailing list to ask such questions, or to
email me directly.