Meeting agenda bot, website, git, ssh

Wichert Akkerman wichert at wiggy.net
Thu Feb 5 18:43:40 UTC 2009

Previously Ian Jackson wrote:
> For example, people who need to edit web pages do not need to be able
> to run code on the server.  I assume (perhaps over-optimistically)
> that whatever CMS(s) we are using do not permit the author of the page
> data to execute code on the server.

THe current CMS (Plone) most certainly does not allow that. Normal users
are not allowed to create any python code. Managers are allowed to
create python scripts via a web interface, but they are executed in a
restricted environment which does not allow any filesystem access, nor
anything else that might be a security risk.

Wichert.