SPI Board Meeting Announcement: Wednesday, December 17th, 2008

Jimmy Kaplowitz secretary at spi-inc.org
Wed Jan 21 22:39:10 UTC 2009

On Wed, Jan 21, 2009 at 11:44:59AM -0500, Jimmy Kaplowitz wrote:
> Software in the Public Interest, Inc., will hold a public board of directors
> meeting today, on Wednesday, January 21st, 2009, at 20:00 UTC. I apologize for
> the extremely late notice, due to illness on my part.

As you may have noticed, this announcement arrived after the meeting. I sent it
at roughly 16:45 UTC, as the above timestamp shows, much later than I would
have sent it if I were healthy but nevertheless before the meeting.
Unfortunately, Murphy's Law struck and SPI's mailing list server was down for
several hours today, preventing the timely dissemination of the announcement.
SPI server administrator and VP Joerg Jaspert assures me that he's working on a
long-term fix. Thanks to him for that, and I apologize for the lack of any
advance notice. Some old minutes were approved, and the February meeting was
moved sooner by one week (Feb 11 20:00 UTC), but all other actions were
deferred, including the vote on the resolution mentioned in the announcement.

- Jimmy Kaplowitz, SPI Secretary
secretary at spi-inc.org