Resolution 2009-03-16.jrk.1: OpenWRT as associated project

MJ Ray mjr at phonecoop.coop
Tue Mar 17 15:10:57 UTC 2009

Jimmy Kaplowitz <jimmy at spi-inc.org> wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 16, 2009 at 02:33:35PM -0700, Josh Berkus wrote:
> > 1) What was the resolution of potential legal liabilities for OpenWRT?
> > Not that this means we should reject them, just that we should be informed.
>
> I think you're confusing this with the Helios [...] I'm not aware of
> any such issues for OpenWRT, and a cursory look over the past emails relating
> to them didn't reveal any. [...]

"I will try to coordinate with OpenWRT in a real-time conversation to
find out more of what they want, and will ask our lawyers any questions
necessary to resolve the issue of whether SPI would be suitable for
them." -- Jimmy Kaplowitz, Wed Mar 5 15:47:50 UTC 2008
http://lists.spi-inc.org/pipermail/spi-general/2008-March/002499.html

Well, my memory is famously f'd-up, yet I found that within a couple
of minutes.  So did Jimmy Kaplowitz successfully coordinate with
OpenWRT and ask our lawyers any questions last year?  I think that is
probably what Josh Berkus meant.

Hope that helps,
--
MJ Ray (slef)