Resolution 2009-03-16.jrk.1: OpenWRT as associated project [revised]

Joshua D. Drake jd at commandprompt.com
Tue Mar 17 18:49:32 UTC 2009

On Tue, 2009-03-17 at 14:43 -0400, Jimmy Kaplowitz wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 17, 2009 at 06:37:54PM +0000, Ian Jackson wrote:
> > If Debian's Project Leader told us one thing, but the Secretary (or
> > some other credible source) told us something else, we wouldn't expect
> > Debian to provide a third person to distinguish (as if we were some
> > kind of computational black box).  We would review the relevant
> > documents (ie, the Debian Constitution), and the relevant lists, and
> > make our own minds up whether the decision was properly taken.
>
> I thought other people were explicitly saying they didn't want SPI to have to monitor internal OpenWRT operations, and that they considered the arrangement with Debian to be a mistake which we shouldn't repeat. Can additional people give their thoughts?

I think Jimmy's direction is good here. What goes on inside OpenWRT is
only valid to us in reference to legal actions taken by the project
(such as signing contracts). Other than that we should stay out of their
way.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

PostgreSQL - XMPP: jdrake at jabber.postgresql.org
   503-667-4564 - http://www.commandprompt.com/
   The PostgreSQL Company, serving since 1997