Developing Software as Charity?

AJ ONeal coolaj86 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 18 17:20:54 UTC 2010

Let me know what you find out.

Right now I'm hiring some guys in India to do work for me that I'm open
sourcing[1].

The end product will use the tools that they're writing, but the whole
technology community will benefit from having these tools (which will in
turn generate more tools that I may end up using for my product).

I would be very willing to hire someone to create just about every component
of my product as an open source module and then tie the modules together
myself with a UI.

AJ ONeal

[1] https://github.com/coolaj86/mtags - Media Tags output as JSON for
consumption by JavaScript, Python, Ruby, and all other sane languages that
support JSON natively.