2011 annual report

Jonathan McDowell noodles at earth.li
Tue Jul 5 05:52:33 UTC 2011

I spent some of today working on our 2011 annual report. I'm not
claiming to have come up with anything major; I mostly cribbed from the
2005 report John Goerzen produced and updated it with info from this
year.

Things I think are missing before it's just about acceptable:

 * A welcome from the president
 * A financial summary for the year
 * Membership information (ideally for year start/end, but what we had
   had at 30th June 2011 is the minimum IMO).

It would be nice to have these by this weekend so I can put together the
final report in time for the Annual General Meeting next week.

Other things that would be nice if available:

 * Reports from any other committees who did anything this year (do we
   have any active?)
 * Any reports associated projects would like to submit.

I could only find existing annual reports from 2004 and 2005; I have put
them up at:

http://www.spi-inc.org/corporate/annual-reports/

The current rough draft for this year is in LaTeX and can be found at:

http://the.earth.li/~noodles/annual-report-2011.tex

With the generated PDF also available at:

http://the.earth.li/~noodles/annual-report-2011.pdf

All comments welcome. Especially if accompanied by patches.

J.

--
  Don't hit the keys so hard, it   |  .''`.  Debian GNU/Linux Developer
              hurts.               | : :' :  Happy to accept PGP signed