Joining SPI

Bdale Garbee bdale at gag.com
Thu May 5 17:39:19 UTC 2011

On Thu, 5 May 2011 11:10:45 -0600, Thomas S Hatch <thatch45 at gmail.com> wrote:
> 1. Would Arch Linux be eligible to join SPI?

Yes.

> 2. Could we be considered in conflict with Debian since we are both Linux
> distributions (Hopefully we can improve cross distribution
> collaboration!)?

No.  We have no problem with multiple potentially competing projects in
a given area .. we already support more than one Linux distribution,
both OpenOffice and LibreOffice, etc.

> 3. My understanding is that money is held and managed by SPI and then we
> would request it, is there a document on the process?

I'll let our Treasurer answer financial process questions.

> 4. As far as I can tell joining is simply the act of being voted in and an
> application, what else is required and is there a document on it?

http://www.spi-inc.org/projects/associated-project-howto/

Also, if you haven't already found it, feel free to come find us on our
IRC channel #spi on irc.oftc.net, several of us are there often enough
to make it a plausible place to get near-real-time answers to questions
like these.

Bdale