Fluxbox as an SPI Asociated Project
robert at spi-inc.org
Sat Oct 1 16:24:47 UTC 2011
Hi all. Fluxbox has applied to become an SPI Associated project.
Comments and questions are welcome.
Fluxbox is a windowmanager for X that was based on the Blackbox 0.61.1
I support and am sponsoring this application because:
* Fluxbox is a genuine Free Software community project:
Fluxbox is released under the MIT license, which is endorsed by both the
Free Software Foundation and the Open Source Initiative.
* Fluxbox has an established development community and history of software
Fluxbox has been in active development for 10 years and has an active
core team. Fluxbox was a 'mentoring organisation' in the Google Summer of
* Fluxbox is used by a broad audience:
Fluxbox is an actively used X11 window manager available within the
packaging systems of many Linux distributions and other operating systems,
such as FreeBSD.
The resolution below is proposed to be submitted to the October 12 board
SPI resolution 2011-10-01.rtb.1
1. Fluxbox is a substantial and significant Free Software project.
2. The Fluxbox developers would like SPI's support and assistance,
including taking donations.
THE SPI BOARD RESOLVES THAT
3. Fluxbox is formally invited to become an SPI Associated Project,
according to the SPI Framework for Associated Projects, SPI Resolution
1998-11-16.iwj.1-amended-2004-08-10.iwj.1, a copy of which can be found
4. Mathias Gumz is recognised by SPI as the authoritative decision maker
and SPI liaison for Fluxbox. Successors will be appointed by the
Fluxbox Project Leader.
5. This invitation will lapse, if not accepted, 60 days after it is
approved by the SPI Board.
Director, Software in the Public Interest, Inc.
Email: robert at spi-inc.org Linux counter ID #16440
IRC: Solver (OFTC & Freenode)
Free and Open Source: The revolution that silently changed the world
More information about the Spi-general