[Spi-private] Fluxbox as an SPI Asociated Project

Henrik Ingo henrik.ingo at avoinelama.fi
Sun Oct 2 15:47:55 UTC 2011

On Sun, Oct 2, 2011 at 4:20 PM, Paul R. Tagliamonte <paultag at fluxbox.org> wrote:
> [snip]
>

>> If it is the same person as the SPI Liaison, then this should say
>  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ It is not :)
>
>> "Successors will be appointed by the Fluxbox SPI Liaison."
>>
>> If there is a separate Fluxbox Project Leader, it would be good to
>> have some reference to how the SPI Board can know who the Project
>> Leader is. (For instance, if Fluxbox has an election procedure for the
>> PL, then the Liaison can be tasked by informing the Board every time a
>> new leader was chosen, with a link to publicly available election
>> results.)
>
> You assume we have elections :)

Actually, I was assuming it was just one person :-)

> Fluxbox is a very tight-knight community. We've had the same leader
> for the last 10 years, and if we did have a new leader, that role
> would be transitioned to them without a vote.

In that case, just add a sentence naming him by name: "The Fluxbox
Project Leader is John Doe. The Fluxbox Project Leader is a permanent
title and he will appoint his own successor when needed, and such
appointment will be communicated to the SPI Board by the Fluxbox SPI
Liaison."

> That being said, I think that's sane. I'm sure forwarding a change in
> FPL to SPI would be easy (and low volume!)

Yes, and with the above you can probably get by another 10 years or
more. But it's good to write it in a way that there is nothing open
ended in the text.

henrik

henrik.ingo at avoinelama.fi
+358-40-8211286 skype: henrik.ingo irc: hingo
www.openlife.cc

My LinkedIn profile: http://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=9522559