Draft of new associated-project-howto for review

Robert Brockway robert at timetraveller.org
Fri Sep 9 17:03:37 UTC 2011

Hi all.  I personally feel that the associated-project-howto could be made
clearer.  I also read a few threads on various forums where some people
had expressed confusion over certain aspects of how SPI works, even after
reading the associated-project-howto.

I've written a new version which I'm submitting here for review.  It can
be found here:

http://www.spi-inc.org/drafts/associated-project-howto/

The changes I've made include:

* Rewritting the document to be in the 3rd person
* Rewritting certain sections to be clearer
* Putting information on services offered at the top[1]
* Rearranging large sections to be consistent with the new structure
* Adding more headers to stop it easier to find a relevant section

[1] Projects considering applying for associated project status will want
to answer 'why' before they answer 'how'.

I stress this is solely my work and is not endorsed by the SPI board.  I
hope that this (or something close to it) meets with the approval of the
contributing members and the board.

Cheers,

Rob

--