Draft of new associated-project-howto for review

Robert Brockway robert at spi-inc.org
Sun Sep 11 03:06:26 UTC 2011

Fabian Keil fk at fabiankeil.de wrote:

> 1) There seems to be a word missing ("be"?):
>
>    | Refunds for legitimate project expenses will made from
>    | funds earmarked for an associated project with the consent
>    | of the project liaison.

Well spotted.  Fixed.

> 2) It's in the original as well, but I'm a bit puzzled by the "major"
> in:
>
>    | All major contributors to the project are eligible for SPI contributing membership,
>
>   According to http://www.spi-inc.org/membership/guidelines/
>   being active in an associated project should suffice.

Fair point.  I've reworded it in the latest copy of the draft to point to
the membership guidelines in establishing who is eligible.

> 3) Maybe the sentence:
>
>    | In the future, there will be an online reporting interface
>    | which will allow the liaison to check balances at any time.
>
>    should be dropped, or is anyone actually working on this?

Yes I was pondering that myself.  I am unaware of any active work on this
so I've removed the sentence.

> 4) I think it would be worth mentioning that SPI has partner
>    organizations that can collect tax-deducible donations outside
>    the US. At least for Privoxy this was an important factor,
>    even though the process should probably be streamlined
>    and documented more clearly.

Perhaps we could spell that out on a separate page and reference it from
the associated project howto.

Cheers,

Rob

--