Discussion - more information on project pages

Fabian Keil fk at fabiankeil.de
Mon Sep 12 16:55:40 UTC 2011

Robert Brockway <robert at spi-inc.org> wrote:

> Hi all.  I'd like to get feed back on adding additional information to
> the project pages.  Specifically I'd like to add:
>
> * SPI services that the project is actively using and any that it has
> declined to use (some projects have declined to accept donations via
> SPI).

I think a complete list of services SPI is currently providing
and instructions how a project can apply for them would be useful,
too.

Maybe something like this is already available and I'm
just not aware of it?

> * The name of the current project liaison (but not any contact details,
> for privacy).

Are there any liaisons whose email address isn't publicly
available on the associated project's website (or the net
in general) anyway?

> * How the project liaison is selected/elected, with links where relevant.
>
> * Anything unusual or notable about the arrangement with SPI (eg, for
> OpenVAS, 2 of 3 designated decision makers must agree before they speak
> as the project liaison).
>
> This would have a number of advantages:
>
> * It would be a useful reference for SPI board and committee members
> when dealing with projects.
>
> * It would be a useful reference for project members in understanding
> what services SPI is delivering to them and who their liaison is.

Agreed.

Fabian