Treasurer's Report as of 2011-08-31

Barak A. Pearlmutter barak at cs.nuim.ie
Fri Sep 16 11:21:40 UTC 2011

If I understand this correctly, on cash assets of roughly 1/4 million
dollars,

> Balance Sheet as of August 31, 2011
>
>    ASSETS
>      Current Assets
>         Chase BusinessClassic Checking with Interest       8,528.04
>         Chase Business Select High Yield Savings          97,585.75
>         Key Business Reward Checking                      88,380.75
>         Key Business Signature Money Market Savings       36,015.37
>         Ameriprise Cash Mgmt Acct                         13,401.62
>
>      Total Current Assets                                243,911.50

held in fixed-interest accounts, i.e., accounts which do not fluctuate
with the stock or bond markets, we received interest of less than $14
last month

> Income Statement
> for the Period August 01, 2011 - August 31, 2011

>    Interest Income
>         Key Bank Money Mkt Savings           1.53
>         Chase BusinessClassic Checking       0.16
>         Chase Bus Select High Yield Savings 11.76
>
>         Total Interest Income               13.45

which is an annual interest rate of roughly

 100 * 12 * 13.45 / 243911.50
 =>
 0.066 %

Rounding up, zero point zero seven percent.
That is, a little bit more than one twentieth of one percent.

					--Barak.