SPI Ticketting system

josh at postgresql.org josh at postgresql.org
Sat Apr 14 20:17:54 UTC 2012

Quoting Adam Sampson <ats at offog.org>:

> MJ Ray <mjr at phonecoop.coop> writes:
>
>> The exit route from RT that I've used in the past was basically
>> dumping the live tickets to text and reparsing that.
>
> My hack for this was even more horrible:
>   http://offog.org/darcs/misccode/rt-to-trac

Guys: please don't let the perfect be the enemy of getting anything
done.  Currently we don't have a ticket tracking system *at all*.
Regardless of the system we adopt, it will be better (and easier to
migrate) than the assorted email boxes of various board members.

RT is open source, it's available, our IT volunteers have experience
with it, and it's neither better nor worse than most other issue
trackers.  It's "good enough".  Please stop the bikeshedding.

Thanks!