SPI Ticketting system

Anthony Towns aj at erisian.com.au
Mon Apr 16 07:51:01 UTC 2012

On Sat, Apr 14, 2012 at 01:27, MJ Ray <mjr at phonecoop.coop> wrote:
> I think some RT users are basically stuck in it so I'd like the board
> to consider how SPI will move on if/when the time comes.  I always
> tell people to think about the exit routes with most software, whether
> proprietary or FOSS.

Just wanted to add belated support for MJ's point here: the ability to
migrate to other systems is a great advantage of open source; having
SPI set an example of including it in their decision making process
seems like a good idea as part of both responsible maintenance and
forward planning, and as practical advocacy for free software.

FWIW, as well as access via the underlying db (and the ability to look
at the source code to understand how the db is setup); rt has a
reasonable REST interface which is also available via a command line
tool -- see http://requesttracker.wikia.com/wiki/REST and
http://requesttracker.wikia.com/wiki/CLI or the rt-command deb (not
separated out from the "rt" rpm in Fedora).

Cheers,
aj

--
Anthony Towns <aj at erisian.com.au>