D&O Insurance

Jimmy Kaplowitz jimmy at spi-inc.org
Sun Apr 22 04:20:45 UTC 2012

Hi,

On Sun, Apr 22, 2012 at 12:30:48PM +1000, Robert Brockway wrote:
> Nonprofit Coordinating Committee of New York
> http://www.npccny.org/info/oi2.htm
> Using NPCC's insurance requires being a member of the organisation.
> Membership would cost no more than $250 and seems to provide affordable
> D&O insurance for members.

NPCC seems like a great organization with lots of useful resources. If we have
sufficient connections to NYC for them to want to accept us, we should join
them whether or not we get the insurance from them. We do have two non-officer
board members in NYC, and held one event here (DebConf10), and have ties to
parts of NY state other than NYC, but that's it.

> The Weiner Company
> http://www.weinerco.com/
> A similar FOSS foundation went through this company and were apparently
> happy with the result.

If they've dealt with a FOSS foundation before, that's useful relevant
experience for them to understand us. Even more so if the foundation's
leadership was international and mostly working remotely as volunteers.

> I will be getting pricing for D&O insurance and presenting it for
> discussion.

Wonderful, thank you.

- Jimmy Kaplowitz
jimmy at spi-inc.org