FFmpeg as SPI associated project

Jimmy Kaplowitz jimmy at spi-inc.org
Fri Jun 1 15:04:05 UTC 2012

On Fri, Jun 01, 2012 at 11:20:11PM +1000, Robert Brockway wrote:
> While I don't object to your objection (really) I did want to point
> out that this phrase has been in use in resolutions for a long time
> so I was surprised to see the objection appear now.

I think very few SPI associated projects have the ultimate decisionmaking
authority in the hands of the rough consensus of a mailing list. Most have
something more formal than that, which might explain why it's an uncommon
issue. Or, yes, unthinking reuse of previous templates is another possible
explanation. :-)

- Jimmy Kaplowitz
jimmy at spi-inc.org