SPI Meeting Reminder: Thursday 14th June, 2012 @ 20:00 UTC

Jimmy Kaplowitz jimmy at spi-inc.org
Thu Jun 14 19:24:25 UTC 2012

On Thu, Jun 14, 2012 at 07:15:47PM +0100, Ian Jackson wrote:
> The counterarguments to my objection seem to have been "we have always
> done it this way".  Well, I'm sorry I haven't always been paying 100%
> attention to these things, but the fact that something has been done
> wrong in the past is not a reason for doing it wrong now.

It's definitely worth fixing the wording, but since everyone on both the SPI
side and the FFmpeg side is willing to work with each other, I don't personally
care whether it gets fixed before or after today's vote. Whether the version
that is presented for vote is the original one or a suitably fixed one is not
likely to affect my vote. If FFmpeg associates under the usual-status-quo
wording, then we can change the wording later with their agreement.

I'll leave it to others to hash out whch version gets voted on today.

- Jimmy Kaplowitz
jimmy at spi-inc.org