SPI Meeting Reminder: Thursday 14th June, 2012 @ 20:00 UTC

Robert Brockway robert at spi-inc.org
Fri Jun 15 00:41:18 UTC 2012

On Fri, 15 Jun 2012, Ian Jackson wrote:

> I'm afraid I've had a bit to drink now, but:

Uh oh, I think we're off to a bad start :)

> This is absolutely ridiculous.  Do yuo have no reading comprehension
> whatsoever ?  What on earth do _you_ think "authortitative
> decisionmaker" means ?  Do you have access to a dictionary ?

Actually my reading comprehension is very good, but thanks for asking.  I
explained my understanding of the term and the reasons behind it back on
May 25.  No need to repeat them again.

Yes, so you've said twice already :)

> into action without legal review and now you are treating it as some
> kind of immutable gospel and refusing to budge from it!

Actually I have stated on numerous occassions my willingness to change the
wording.  I just do not wish to change it in the manner you have
suggested.

In a worst case scenario the wording of a resolution could be interpretted
by a court of competent jurisdiction.  Even if the original wording was
not reviewed by a lawyer I don't want to compound the problem by changing
the resolution without proper consideration at this time.  There is
increased interested among FOSS projects to use fiscal sponsorship and
this is a good time to review the wording of the resolution template[1].

[1] I hadn't mentioned it earlier but moves towards this were already
afoot before you raised the concern.

> Apparently you have convinced a majority of the board.
> This is absolutely ridiculous.  Don't they have any reading
> comprehension either ???

My experiences with the board would lead me to conclude that they have
excellent reading comprehension, some of them in several languages.

:)

Speaking only for myself as an individual director, as always.

Rob

--
Director, Software in the Public Interest, Inc.
Email: robert at spi-inc.org		Linux counter ID #16440