proposed SPI resolution
Bill.Allombert at math.u-bordeaux1.fr
Thu May 31 12:43:02 UTC 2012
SPI resolution 2012-05-31.ba.1
1. liaison is written with three vowels in a row.
2. liaison is mispelled near-systematically on the SPI mailing lists by non French speakers.
3. this is bound to irritate the small number of French speakers which are subscribed
to the SPI mailing lists (which, by the way, are wondering how English people
pronounce it, assuming they can) even when they have an English-looking first name.
4. there are less Latin speakers than French speakers subscriber to SPI mailing lists.
THE SPI BOARD RESOLVES THAT
1. the word liaison will be replaced by ligatio in all SPI documents.
2. the non-words liason, laison and laiason will also be replaced by ligatio in
all SPI documents for consistency.
3. A small number of mispelling of ligatio will be encouraged to avoid an
Bill "no middle name" Allombert.
More information about the Spi-general