Google Gift

Joshua D. Drake jd at commandprompt.com
Mon Nov 12 22:06:19 UTC 2012

On 11/12/2012 12:53 PM, David Graham wrote:

> Hilmar Lapp wrote:
>>> Awesome! -hilmar
>>
>> Right.  So instead of 37,510.86 we don't currently use for anything,
>> there are now 47,510.86 in the bank we are not likely to use for
>> anything either.  Or did I misunderstand?
>
> Even if that were the case, I'd argue that having $47K in contingency (which would cover about the first month of a law suit) is better than being in the hole a single penny.

Having a large reserve is a very good idea. We are a corporation after
all (not for profit but still). We need to have a rainy day fund. If, we
weren't providing for our projects in some way that is a different argument.

Thank you to Google for seeing the benefit to having an umbrella
corporation like SPI.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

High Availability, Oracle Conversion, Postgres-XC
@cmdpromptinc - 509-416-6579