OBF as associated project, formal resolution

Robert Brockway robert at spi-inc.org
Mon Oct 1 16:21:47 UTC 2012

On Fri, 28 Sep 2012, Josh Berkus wrote:

> For October board meeting.
>
> Open Bioinformatics Foundation as Associated Project
>
> WHEREAS
>
> 1. Open Bioinformatics Foundation (herafter OBF) is a substantial and
> significant Free Software project.
>
> 2. OBF developers would like SPI's support and assistance, including
>   taking donations, and holding trademarks and domain names.
>
> THE SPI BOARD RESOLVES THAT
>
> 3. OBF is formally invited to become an SPI Associated Project,
> according to the SPI Framework for Associated Projects, SPI Resolution
> 1998-11-16.iwj.1-amended-2004-08-10.iwj.1, a copy of which can be found
> at http://www.spi-inc.org/corporate/resolutions/2004/2004-08-10.iwj.1/
>
> 4. Hilmar Lapp is recognised by SPI as the authoritative decision maker
>   and SPI liaison for TideSDK.  Future liaisons will be the same person
> who is president of the OBF at that time, elected according to the
> bylaws at:  http://www.open-bio.org/wiki/File:OBF-Bylaws.pdf

Hi Josh.  Paragraph 4 mentiones TideSDK.  (Presumed search and replace
error)

Substantively, I have no concerns about OBF being accepted as an
associated project.  I researched them quite extensively a couple of
months ago.

Cheers,

Rob

--
Director, Software in the Public Interest, Inc.
Email: robert at spi-inc.org		Linux counter ID #16440