SPI using Google Apps?

Fabian Keil fk at fabiankeil.de
Sat Oct 27 16:25:24 UTC 2012

Hilmar Lapp <hlapp at drycafe.net> wrote:

> Apologies for the silence. To not leave this hanging, I'm in full
> agreement with the argument of preferring open-source software when
> there is a choice to be made. Though in fairness, Google invests a fair
> amount of money into open-source, and so using Google products isn't
> exactly inconsistent (IMHO) with an open source commitment.

Microsoft invests a fair amount of money in free software as well ...

Anyway, my impression (I didn't count) is that while most of the projects
associated with SPI are committed to producing free software, they make no
claims about preferring free software to do so.

As long as the individual project has no policy against using
proprietary software controlled by Google, I don't see the problem.

Fabian