SPI resolution 2012.09.13.bg.1, TideSDK as associated project

Bdale Garbee bdale at gag.com
Sat Sep 8 20:39:39 UTC 2012

Please add this resolution to our September meeting agenda.

TideSDK is used to create multi-platform desktop apps using HTML5, CSS3
and JavaScript.  It is the current, community-based incarnation of the
former Titanium Desktop.  The code is all licensed Apache v2.0, and
based on my conversations with the project leader David Pratt, there
appear to be no unusual issues or needs.  The project is gaining
momentum and needs a destination for pending corporate donations.

Bdale

SPI resolution 2012-09-13.bg.1

WHEREAS

1. TideSDK is a substantial and significant Free Software project.

2. The TideSDK developers would like SPI's support and assistance, including
   taking donations, and holding trademarks and domain names.

THE SPI BOARD RESOLVES THAT

3. TideSDK is formally invited to become an SPI Associated Project, according
   to the SPI Framework for Associated Projects, SPI Resolution
   1998-11-16.iwj.1-amended-2004-08-10.iwj.1, a copy of which can be found at
   http://www.spi-inc.org/corporate/resolutions/2004/2004-08-10.iwj.1/

4. David Pratt is recognised by SPI as the authoritative decision maker
   and SPI liaison for TideSDK.  Successors will be appointed by concensus
   of the TideSDK Team as defined on the tidesdk.org web site.

5. This invitation will lapse, if not accepted, 60 days after it is approved by
   the SPI Board.