Bitcoin

Jimmy Kaplowitz jimmy at spi-inc.org
Wed Apr 17 23:33:11 UTC 2013

Hi Mikko,

On Thu, Apr 11, 2013 at 12:33:59PM +0300, Mikko V. Viinamäki wrote:
> Have you considered Bitcoin as a way of donating to you? I'm not saying it's necessarily something great but it certainly is something to consider as (especially international) donations are always a huge hassle.
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bitcoin
>
> Thank you for the valuable work you do!

I'm not going to duplicate Robert's reply, which I agree with, but one more
thing should be said: if you have any credit or debit card from the major
networks, you can easily donate to SPI with that, even if their native currency
isn't USD and they're located outside the US. Check with your issuer about
foreign transaction fees and factor those in when making your donation.

Even if you shrink your donation as a result of foreign transaction fees and
our credit card processors take their share, Bitcoin is so volatile that the
total financial benefit to SPI and its projects may still be greater via these
traditional methods.

- Jimmy Kaplowitz
jimmy at spi-inc.org