volunteer copyright assignment / licensing agreement

Stefano Zacchiroli leader at debian.org
Sat Feb 9 17:45:26 UTC 2013

As it has been requested by Debian contributors, I'd like to know if SPI
offers the possibility, to contributors of affiliated projects, to
transfer copyright (or specific rights) to SPI. If yes: how?

If not: has anyone else here had similar needs in the past? If it is
going to be offered as a possibility, it seems to me that it'd make
sense to do it in an uniform manner throughout all affiliated projects.

The only best practice that come to my mind about this practice is the
Fiduciary Licensing Agreement by KDE
e.V. http://ev.kde.org/rules/fla.php , which is entirely optional, but
felt as an opportunity by contributors that would like to empower
entities like KDE e.V. to act in their stead for license violations and
the like.

Thanks in advance for your help,
Cheers.
--