SPI resolution 2013-06-30.jmd.1: Swathanthra Malayalam Computing as an associated project

MJ Ray mjr at phonecoop.coop
Mon Jul 1 10:36:30 UTC 2013

On 30/06/13 23:09, Jonathan McDowell wrote:
> Presented for the July 11th AGM; their website is at
> http://smc.org.in/ and while they already have a not-for-profit society
> registered in India since 2010 it doesn't help them with cross border
> donations such as payments from Google Summer of Code.
>
> WHEREAS
>
> 1. Swathanthra Malayalam Computing is a substantial and significant Free
>    Software project.

OK, great you say that, but what does it do?  Its website is blank
(seems to be wrapped entirely in <script> tags, bizarrely/invalidly), in
a language I don't understand (I apologise for my shortcoming, bt I
can't learn them all, sadly) and with an "English" link that does nothing.

I noticed that http://wiki.smc.org.uk/ uses the non-free-software FDL
and its "English" link does nothing either, then I gave up.

Thanks in advance for any clue,
--
MJ Ray (slef), member of www.software.coop, a for-more-than-profit co-op