SPI resolution 2013-06-30.jmd.1: Swathanthra Malayalam Computing as an associated project

Ben Finney bignose+hates-spam at benfinney.id.au
Tue Jul 23 04:05:49 UTC 2013

Anivar Aravind <anivar.aravind at gmail.com> writes:

> On 7/22/13, MJ Ray <mjr at phonecoop.coop> wrote:
> > I apologise for mistyping the URL but I had it correct before and
> > that English link does not seem to work in Firefox 22+NoScript.
>
> it is a jquey based script library . It is a good library to handle
> multilingual links with equal weight to languages . The library will
> identify user language based on your browser language settings.

Nevertheless, running a remote program on one's local computer should
not be necessary to get essentially static information from the site.

Some users quite sensibly do not enable running scripts from every site
indiscriminately, and sites should be designed so they gracefully fall
back to pages which don't require scripts.

--
 \     “Wrinkles should merely indicate where smiles have been.” —Mark |
  `\                                    Twain, _Following the Equator_ |