Proposed: Funding Open Source Accounting software

Hilmar Lapp hlapp at drycafe.net
Thu May 2 22:03:20 UTC 2013

On May 2, 2013, at 2:21 PM, Josh Berkus wrote:

> The Software Freedom Conservancy is proposing to fund the efforts of a
> full-time software developer to create NPO accounting software which
> will be completely open source and free.  SPI could really use such
> software.
>
> https://sfconservancy.org/campaign/
>
> As such, I propose that we fund this effort using $10,000 out of our
> general SPI funds.

Speaking as an associated project, this seems like a great way to use the funds generated in part by the 5% cut taken from project donations.  Also, there seems great potential for others amplifying our contribution manifold. Really has the character of a no-brainer to me, frankly.

	-hilmar

: Hilmar Lapp -:- Durham, NC -:- hlapp at drycafe dot net :