Proposed: Funding Open Source Accounting software

MJ Ray mjr at phonecoop.coop
Fri May 3 13:01:58 UTC 2013

Josh Berkus <josh at postgresql.org>
> On 05/02/2013 12:40 PM, Clint Adams wrote:
> > Aside from concerns about a 501(c)3 making an unrestricted donation
> > to another 501(c)3:
>
> It's not an unrestricted donation.

According to their web page: "Donations made are general donations to
the Software Freedom Conservancy, Inc.,"

Doesn't general donation == unrestricted?

That's the only serious problem I have with this idea.  Accounting
systems in general are a long-running sore.  The co-op is currently
looking at extending Prometeo ERP,
http://code.google.com/p/prometeo-erp/ but we have sadly no spare
workers I can use to do a full published evaluation for quite a while.

Thanks,