mailing list hosting for SPI projects

Joerg Jaspert joerg at debian.org
Fri Nov 22 17:49:45 UTC 2013

On 13403 March 1977, Hilmar Lapp wrote:

> Is hosting of mailing lists (mailman specifically, or other list
> software that can import from mailman) a service that SPI provides for
> associated projects?

Provided the project does the daily admin work (say, moderation) of it.

> If so, how do I go about requesting/initiating that?

RT Ticket (which Robert generated for you).

> I'm also curious how and where other SPI projects host their mailing
> lists. One thing we've had in mind is AWS, but if SPI provides this
> service at less or no cost, that would of course be a big help.

Depends on the project. Fresco ha(sd) them with SPI, Debian and others
do run an own big service (and we wouldn't want to get near that).

For SPI: We can provide the pure resources to run the lists, provided
that its within a subdomain of the project (your list, your domain) and
as said above the project does the daily work. SPI retains the right to
do emergency maintenance work, but for the usual running we don't want
to be involved.

--
bye, Joerg
<dilinger> i just managed to procrastinate an extra 30 mins by reading