Proposed: Funding Open Source Accounting software

Anthony Towns aj at erisian.com.au
Sat Feb 15 17:06:25 UTC 2014

Hi,

On 3 May 2013 04:21, Josh Berkus <josh at postgresql.org> wrote:
> The Software Freedom Conservancy is proposing to fund the efforts of a
> full-time software developer to create NPO accounting software which
> will be completely open source and free.  SPI could really use such
> software.
> https://sfconservancy.org/campaign/
> As such, I propose that we fund this effort using $10,000 out of our
> general SPI funds.  I think this is a good idea because: [...]

Did anything happen with this? I got the impression there was general
support for it on the list, but don't see a resolution to actually do
it on
http://www.spi-inc.org/corporate/resolutions/

According to the link above, they got almost $54k of their desired
$75k and have started work. Looks like there's some preliminary
results available at http://npoacct.sfconservancy.org/

FWIW, at linux.conf.au last month, the Linux Australia council
reported donating $1300 to the project, matching their costs for the
proprietary cloud solution they're currently using.

Cheers,
aj

--
Anthony Towns <aj at erisian.com.au>