Possibility to associate a project

Josh Berkus josh at postgresql.org
Thu Jan 16 19:42:15 UTC 2014

On 01/15/2014 05:15 PM, Germán Arias wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Not sure if this list is the correct place to ask this.
>
> I'm the developer of FisicaLab, an educational application to solve
> physics problems. This has become a GNU package some weeks ago. For
> more info you can see:
>
> http://www.gnu.org/software/fisicalab/

Given that you're a Gnu project, why aren't you associated with the Free
Software Foundation?  I believe that they do fiscal sponsorship of
individual projects.

Not that you're prohibited from joining SPI, but that seems like the
obvious course open to you.

> From one year ago, I'm searching a way to get donations to this
> project. So, I would like know about the posibility to associate
> FisicaLab to SPI. I live at Guatemala, so not sure if I (the only
> developer) can apply. Since, for example, with paypal I need a bank
> account in US. But of course, that isn't possible for me.

Note that we do not yet offer PayPal to our projects.  That is planned
in the near future, but we don't have a specific date when it will be
available.

--Josh Berkus