Possibility to associate a project

Jimmy Kaplowitz jimmy at spi-inc.org
Thu Jan 16 23:14:40 UTC 2014

On Thu, Jan 16, 2014 at 10:57:13PM +0100, Bill Allombert wrote:
> > Note that we do not yet offer PayPal to our projects.  That is planned
> > in the near future, but we don't have a specific date when it will be
> > available.
>
> Even if we did, would we able to transfer fund to Guatemala ?

There's no US rule against it, and we can get decent rates converting from USD
to most world currencies online via our XE Trade account (the other way is
harder for uncommon currencies like Guatemala's), then transfer funds via wire
transfer or draft. I don't know if Guatemala imposes money transfer controls as
some Latin American countries do, but otherwise this should be fine.

A bigger issue is that SPI doesn't tend to associate projects with only one
developer, as this one seems to have. This is partly because of the overhead of
dealing with leftover assets if the project ceases to operate, and partly
because SPI volunteer manpower is constrained enough to necessarily focus on
products of a certain minimum size.

- Jimmy Kaplowitz
jimmy at spi-inc.org