The Mana World: needs a sponsor to become an associated project

Martin Zobel-Helas zobel at spi-inc.org
Thu May 8 20:30:16 UTC 2014

Hi,

i am willing to sponsor your application, but i will be on vacation when
the next meeting will take place. Either we find another board member
who is also willing to sponsor your application, or the vote on your
application would take place during the July meeting. Whatever you
prefer.

Cheers,
Martin

On Wed May 07, 2014 at 21:41:47 -0700, Ben Longbons wrote:
> * The name and details of the project:
> The Mana World is a project to develop a 2D MMORPG that can't ever be
> taken away. All components of the instance we run are open source and
> developed entirely in public repositories: server code, client code,
> server data, and client data. It has been around for 10 years (we
> count our birth as 2004-04-11).
>
> https://www.themanaworld.org/
>
> * Which SPI services will be needed:
> - Accepting Donations and Holding Funds? yes, in small quantities
> - Holding Substantial Assets? no
> - Holding Intangible Assets? probably not, though there was discussion
> - Signing Contracts? no
> - Legal Assistance? hopefully not, though in one recent incident with
> a GPL violator it could've been needed if they'd continued to be
> uncooperative
> - Technical Services? no
>
> * Who is going to be the liaison to SPI, and the process for
> selecting/electing replacements:
> Probably me. wushin has also mentioned, but he prefers I do it.
> The authoritative record for all positions in TMW is:
> https://forums.themanaworld.org/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=17166
> In case the whole server gets hopelessly messed up, you can contact
> the original project founder, who is still holder of the DNS.
>

> Thanks,
> -Ben Longbons

 Martin Zobel-Helas <zobel at debian.org>    Debian System Administrator
 Debian & GNU/Linux Developer                       Debian Listmaster
 http://about.me/zobel                               Debian Webmaster
 GPG Fingerprint:  6B18 5642 8E41 EC89 3D5D  BDBB 53B1 AC6D B11B 627B