Voting system for elections

Barak A. Pearlmutter bap at debian.org
Mon Aug 15 14:32:44 UTC 2016

On 25 July 2016 at 19:10, Joshua D. Drake <jd at commandprompt.com> wrote:
> If the members could come to a consensus on the type of voting we should
> switch to, I would be more than happy to write the resolution.

It seems like a few people seem to find the argument for RRV
convincing, and no one has objected. Does anyone want to voice an
opinion supporting anything else? To be honest, this is not exactly
the most important election in the world, and any system that performs
reasonably should be okay. So I can well understand the general lack
of intense discussion of this somewhat arcane issue.

If no one object, I'd suggest just rolling with an RRV resolution, and
see if anyone minds at that point. Because we should have something
sensible and robust in place prior to some future hypothetical big
voting fight...

Cheers,

--Barak.