Issue #2 - Allow contributions to website from browser

Joshua D. Drake jd at commandprompt.com
Mon Aug 22 16:51:27 UTC 2016

On 08/20/2016 06:02 PM, Filipus Klutiero wrote:

> Not exactly. I am saying that people would contribute more if:
>
>  1. The knowledge required to contribute was less costly to learn, or
>     already more widespread
>  2. There was no need to setup a rare system to validate a suggested
>     solution before submitting it.
>  3. It could be determined before proposing a change whether the same
>     proposition is already waiting processing.
>  4. It could be determined before proposing a change whether the same
>     proposition was already made and rejected.
>  5. Proposing a change was less costly, indeed.
>  6. It was possible to receive a confirmation that a change was queued
>     when proposing it.

Exactly. The barrier to contribution should be as close to sea level as
possible. I am fully capable of firing up the SPI infrastructure on a
test instance, am I going to? No. I have better things to do.

Now, if you give me the ability to log into the website, write a blog or
an article or update a web page with more relevant info that can be
queued for review and then published? Yes, I would happily do that.

JD

                         +1-503-667-4564