Membership benefits

Susan Spencer susan.spencer at gmail.com
Tue Aug 23 19:42:03 UTC 2016

Wow, OSI must have general members who have become contributors so that
action items get done.
*They have $40/year dues, but that's another discussion.*

So, where's the SPI issues list on Bitbucket or Github so members can see
the issues and become contributors?
Bitbucket & Github are FREE as in BEER (not perfect but not too shabby) and
immediately do-able.
And they both have a built-in wiki!!!!

Where's the searchable SPI forum using Discourse on a DigitalOcean or
Bitnami VM so members can catch up with current and past discussions and
activities?
DO is $20/month, +$4 for weekly backups. $288 per year total, Mighty cost
effective, and again it's immediately do-able.
If needed we could ask for donations from members.
I'm in for $25 if we go this route, and there are probably eleven more SPI
members who could donate the same.

Think of it this way:
If I had to eat only 100% organic food while working to make the world's
food sources more organic,
this would be possible only in specific urban areas, e.g. not possible in
Dayton, Ohio but entirely doable in NYC.
Sub-optimal choices for tools are okay, it's not an abandonment of the
cause.