[Spi-private] Very long wait for funds transfer

Hilmar Lapp hlapp at drycafe.net
Thu Dec 15 19:58:09 UTC 2016

Seconded. I think we’re all in the same boat here, and I’ll go out on a limb here and say that we all collectively know that what Joshua reported is by no means an isolated incident but a pattern that has been festering. Plus, we are probably all agreed that of all functions SPI carries out on behalf of its associated projects, disbursing the funds earmarked for them in a timely and low-overhead manner is the single most important one. It is the one that _has_ to work, or SPI isn’t a functioning fiscal sponsor in any sense of what that means.

I myself have had to follow up on almost every treasurer ticket, sometimes multiple times. I now keep a copy of every ticket receipt and create myself a reminder on my todo list 3 weeks into the future, rather than just considering the reimbursement done when I hit send on the initial request. I can do that, and my expenses needing reimbursement aren’t large enough to not allow several months delay. But it does make evident a very poor professional reliability of SPI as a fiscal sponsor that disburses project-earmarked funds.

  -hilmar

> On Dec 15, 2016, at 1:46 PM, Joshua D. Drake <jd at commandprompt.com> wrote:
>
> On 12/09/2016 04:34 PM, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
>> Board,
>>
>> On October 6th, I as Liaison of PostgreSQL.Org requested that 5k USD be
>> transferred to PgUS for their Diversity Scholarships.
>>
>> On October 14th, the bank info for ACH was delivered to the Treasurer.
>>
>> On November 7th, the Treasurer of PgUS requested a status update on when
>> the transfer would be made.
>>
>> On December 9th, the Treasurer brought to my attention that this
>> transfer has still not been made
>>
>> I understand that we are all volunteers but this delay is a bit overkill
>> isn't it?
>
> It is now the 15th and I as Liaison of PostgreSQL.Org have had zero correspondence in regards to this issue. I request that at a minimum the board respond, preferably the Treasurer with an ETA of resolution.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> JD
>

>> Sincerely,
>>
>> JD
>

> --
> Command Prompt, Inc.                  http://the.postgres.company/
>                        +1-503-667-4564
> PostgreSQL Centered full stack support, consulting and development.
> Everyone appreciates your honesty, until you are honest with them.
> Unless otherwise stated, opinions are my own.

Hilmar Lapp -:- lappland.io