Voting system for elections

Filipus Klutiero chealer at gmail.com
Tue Jul 19 12:45:10 UTC 2016

Hi Ian,

On 2016-07-18 09:29, Ian Jackson wrote:
> [...]

> This is especially true given that our variant of Condorcet is still
> interpreting a ballot "1. Z  2. X" as not preferring Z or X to Y,
> which is IMO an extremely serious deficiency in itself.

I fail to see how the system could infer any preference about Y from a ranking which does not mention Y, and I certainly do not see how this would constitute an extremely serious deficiency.

Condorcet is more targeted for democracies and it may not be ideal here, but I am not convinced that STV (which I do not remember precisely) would be better. STV would certainly better reflect the diversity of our views, but that does not mean it will lead to choices closer to the choices which votes from the whole electorate would yield.

[...]

--
Filipus Klutiero
http://www.philippecloutier.com