SPI Board election - a thank you

Martin Michlmayr tbm at cyrius.com
Fri Jul 29 04:09:50 UTC 2016

I'd like to thank everyone who ran in this election as a board
candidate.  Having 13 candidates for 6 seats is fantastic, although
I'm aware that it will leave some people disappointed.  Please
consider participating in SPI and running again next year.

I'd also like to thank everyone who voted.  We had great voter turnout
this year!

Finally, I'd like to thank Jonathan McDowell who has single-handedly
rewritten our membership/voting infrastructure using modern
technologies and who quickly fixed minor glitches that come up during
the election.  Thank you!

I posted the election results to the announce list so I won't repeat
them here but the full election results are of course available on
our web site:
http://spi-inc.org/corporate/votes/2016-board-election/results/

Martin Michlmayr
Secretary, Software in the Public Interest, Inc.