Issue #0 - No general-purpose issue tracking system

Filipus Klutiero chealer at gmail.com
Sat Jul 30 14:55:00 UTC 2016

According to Joshua D. Drake, SPI has an issue tracking system for reimbursements, but not for other issues (see http://lists.spi-inc.org/pipermail/spi-general/2016-July/003466.html ). If there is already a genera-purpose ITS, this is indeed far from obvious.

Therefore, in the absence of such a tracker, I am using this email to officially request SPI to put in place an issue tracker for all issues, or for issues which are not already covered by a dedicated tracker.

Unfortunately, the one ITS engine I liked using is Atlassian JIRA, which is not free software. I have been unsatisfied with all open source engines I used. I have no strong opinion on which engine should be picked. Obviously, having a web interface would be extremely important, particularly one which is not read-only, though email notifications are very useful.

--
Filipus Klutiero
http://www.philippecloutier.com