Staff Work WAS: SPI bylaws overhaul: Board Attendence

Josh berkus josh at postgresql.org
Thu Nov 17 17:05:33 UTC 2016

On 11/16/2016 03:01 PM, Dimitri John Ledkov wrote:
> A lot of man-hours are spent on treasury activities. Whilst we are
> constantly accepting donations. Accounting / crediting donations to
> the projects & paying expenses is I think by far most time demanding
> thing for the board.

You are correct.

So, there are two things to do about this.

1) The much-delayed SFC accounting project is finally bearing some
fruit; within a couple months we should have 100% free software we can
use to track and approve reimbursement requests.  This will help a great
deal.

2) SPI is a big enough NPO that it really should have at least one paid
administrative staff member.  I believe that Drake previously proposed
something of the sort?

--Josh Berkus