Staff Work WAS: SPI bylaws overhaul: Board Attendence

Hilmar Lapp hlapp at drycafe.net
Thu Nov 17 17:18:43 UTC 2016

> On Nov 17, 2016, at 12:05 PM, Josh berkus <josh at postgresql.org> wrote:
>
> 2) SPI is a big enough NPO that it really should have at least one paid
> administrative staff member.  I believe that Drake previously proposed
> something of the sort?

I actually have, too, including at a Board meeting. I continue to feel that not paying someone for financial business operations, i.e., expecting open source software project community members to take enough delight in volunteering for otherwise mundane financial tasks to do them reliably, promptly, and well, is simply completely unrealistic at best, and at the level of SPI as an organization is unprofessional.

  -hilmar
--
Hilmar Lapp -:- lappland.io