Staff Work WAS: SPI bylaws overhaul: Board Attendence

Josh berkus josh at postgresql.org
Thu Nov 17 18:59:04 UTC 2016

On 11/17/2016 10:41 AM, Bill Allombert wrote:
>> On Nov 17, 2016, at 12:05 PM, Josh berkus <josh at postgresql.org> wrote:
>>
>> 2) SPI is a big enough NPO that it really should have at least one paid
>> administrative staff member.  I believe that Drake previously proposed
>> something of the sort?
>
> In my experience, the job of such paid staff member quickly become to do
> fundraising so that the NPO has enough cash flow to continue to pay
> them, which leads the NPO to become an end onto itself.

That's not relevant to why we need an admin.  Nor has anyone suggested
hiring a fundraiser.

SPI is at this point a $500K organization.  It is downright
irresponsible of us not to have paid staff to handle the paperwork.
Sooner or later, we will miss some important piece of paperwork and get
disaccredited.

--Josh Berkus