Issue #5 - Please explain the topic of each mailing list

Filipus Klutiero chealer at gmail.com
Mon Oct 10 00:51:36 UTC 2016

On 2016-10-08 15:42, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> On 10/08/2016 09:38 AM, Filipus Klutiero wrote:
>> Hi Martin,
>

>> Thank you
>>>
>>> spi-board is a list of the board of directors to communicate. It's
>>> also used as a contact address for the board.
>>
>> OK, but in terms of content, what discussions would be more appropriate
>> to direct to spi-board than to, I guess, spi-general?
>
> Anything that is confidential. For example, a potential legal issue.

Why would a potential legal issue be confidential?
Do you know that there were discussions about that topic on spi-board? If so, could you estimate the volume? If not, do you have other examples of confidential topics which would be more appropriate for spi-board than for other lists?

>>> [...]
>>> Personally, I feel that spi-private has been overused and most of the
>>> conversation should have been on spi-general.  spi-private should only
>>> be used for things that should not be public / publicly archived.
>>
>> I agree with you. From the approximately 100 mails sent to spi-private
>> which I have read, I do not remember a single one which could not have
>> been sent to spi-general (instead).
>
> I prefer -private because generally speaking, I am talking to voting members. The general public is great and there are times where that is appropriate but we are not an open source project. We are a corporation led by our members, with oversight by our board and run by our officers.

I fail to get this. Transparency is not only relevant to open source projects.

--
Filipus Klutiero
http://www.philippecloutier.com